Photography is such a great way to express yourself while also being a life documentarian, you just need the right tools!
Thoughts from Alaina on the benefits of learning the art of photography.
“Photography is a great art medium. It can be moody and dark or bright and airy. I love giving my students the tools (knowledge) they need to express themselves in a way that won’t only lift their spirits (empower them) but can impact others’ lives in the process as well.”
Examples of past student work:
Students will learn how to properly adjust their camera’s manual settings. They will also learn about, the exposure triangle, depth of field, white balance, numerous lighting techniques and scenarios, composition, storytelling and much more.
Focus will be on numerous genres of photography and learn about past and present photographers while discussing their style and techniques.
The students will also learn editing techniques to really make their images stand out.
We start with the very basics but progress quickly so by the end of the class the students’ are proficient at using their camera and producing a quality and well thought out set of images for their portfolio.
* Class is for 8th-12th grade students.
* Each class meets once a week
* Class size is limited to 8 students
* There is a midterm, final, various pop quizzes and field trips.
*Students are given a lot of input and constructive criticism.
* No textbook required, handouts will be given. Weekly photo printing required.
* DSLR or mirrorless camera/camera with adjustable manual settings is required.
*Student will need a binder and clear sheet protectors to keep all their lessons, assignments and quizzes/tests in.
* Class fee is $365 per student (payment plans are available)
* Starts: Friday, September 10, 2021
* Ends: Friday, May 20th, 2022
* Time: 11am-12:30pm
* Location: Various locations in North Orange County and La Mirada
Contact Alaina with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 562-400-2579