This is a 9 week class that meets once a week starting in October, from 3pm-4:30pm. See below for more details.
Photography is such a great way to express yourself while also being a life documentarian, you just need the right tools.
My students will learn how to properly adjust their camera’s manual settings. They will also learn about, the exposure triangle, depth of field, white balance, numerous lighting techniques and scenarios, history of great photographers, composition, storytelling and much more.
We start with the very basics but progress quickly so by the end of the class the students’ creativity blossoms as they have learned how to use their cameras to create the art and images that they want. They will have also learned to capture the world how they see it, which is just as unique as the person.
There is plenty of time to practice the new skill taught during the class time so the students can go home knowing how to work on the assignment for the week.
Examples of past students work:
Thoughts from Alaina on the benefits of learning the art of photography.
“Photography is a great art medium. It can be moody and dark or bright and airy. I love giving my students the tools (knowledge) they need to express themselves in a way that won’t only lift their spirits (empower them) but can impact others’ lives in the process as well.”
All the Details:
* Class is for 7th-12th grade students.
* We meet for 1 1/2 hours, once a week for 9 weeks.
* Class size is limited to 10 students
* There is a midterm and final along with a grade given for the class.
* No textbook required, handouts will be given.
* DSLR camera/camera with adjustable manual settings is required.
* Class fee is $165 per student (ask about sibling discount)
* Starts: Tuesday, October 17th and Ends: December 12th
* Time: 3pm-4:30pm
* Location: Locations will be in La Mirada and emailed once enrolled
E-mail: email@example.com or fill out the Contact Form to save your seat.
Alaina Nunez is the professional photographer who specializes in documenting unforgettable moments as a photography storyteller. Home is in sunny Southern California with her husband and 5 children. They love to travel on road trips together so if you’re not in the area and looking to have Alaina document your family or intimate wedding Contact her to see if she’ll be passing through your area.